About the DPS Foundation
Who We Are
Our Core Values
In all undertakings DPSF will value:
- Community — sharing goals with dynamic collaboration and engagement
- Innovation — offering game-changing advancement
- Excellence — performing at the highest standards
- Inclusion — encouraging our diverse community
- Individuality — inspiring the human spirit
Our Guiding Principles
The Dayton area is focusing much attention on the need to improve education. The DPS Foundation is uniquely positioned to:
- Align support for community initiatives, sharing goals with the DPS Strategic Plan, Learn to Earn, Dayton City of Learners, United Way, and Montgomery County Family and Children First
- Support data-driven programs using shared measurement
- Integrate strategies for education opportunities relating in-school and out-of-school learning
- Strengthen collaboration among parents, schools, volunteers and community partners
- Stress experiential learning, innovative programming and mutually beneficial partnerships
Our Board of Trustees
- Mérida E. Allen, Assoc. Dean of Students, University of Dayton
- Courtney Clayton, Project Manager, Kettering Health
- Clinton Coble, Clinton Coble State Farm Insurance Agency
- David K. Greer, DPS Alumnus, Chair of Northwest Priority Board
- Martin Foster, Vice President of Operations, Economy Linen and Towel Service, Inc.
- Paige Huskey, Professor of English, Clark State University
- Audrey Logan, Program Manager, NCCJ of Greater Dayton
- Sybil Martin, Executive Director, Norma J. Ross Memorial Foundation
- Nancy Nerny, retired DPS Board of Education, teacher, co-founder and Board Chair
- Michael Newsom, Montgomery County Fatherhood Initiative
- Shelley Outlaw, Community Volunteer and Education Advocate, co-founder
- Carol M. Shaw, DPS Alumna, Professor Emeritus, University of Dayton School of Engineering
- Beverly Smith, Retired DPS Educator & Publisher
- Chris Welch, Director of Student Enrichment Programs, Sinclair Community College
- Dr. David Lawrence, DPS Superintendent
- Jocelyn Rhynard, DPS Board of Education
- Dr. Ericka Harney, CFRE, GPC, CAE, CVA, Consultant, Harney & Associates, LTD
Why We're Here
In order to meet their personal potential, students of the Dayton Public Schools will need to be lifelong learners – discovering who they are and their passions – so that they grow to be competent, confident, self-sufficient contributing members of our community and society.
The Dayton Public Schools Foundation (DPSF) is deeply committed to connecting the community and schools to inspire student success through involvement and philanthropy.
DPSF, a passionate community of advocates, building equity in education to inspire and empower educators and students to achieve their dreams.
We Are Built on Community Support
Your investment in this initiative—both personal and financial—is vital. Together, we can encourage the City of Dayton to transform today’s students into tomorrow’s leaders.
The DPS Foundation is a fund of The Dayton Foundation. All contributions are tax-deductible to the extent provided by law. When you click the “Donate Now” button you will be redirected to The Dayton Foundation website to make a secure on-line pledge, pre-addressed to DPSF.